Bunbury is located 175km south of Perth on the beautiful South West coast of Western Australia and has an enviable lifestyle, fantastic climate, nearby wineries, outstanding restaurants and is surrounded by water on three sides including glorious beaches. It has all the modern entertainment and recreational facilities you would expect in a bustling and growing city. Bunbury has a rich pool of community and culturally diverse activities and is an exciting place to live and work.
Aqwest is the trading name of the Bunbury Water Corporation.
The Bunbury Water Board was formed in 1905 to obtain, treat and distribute water and has served the people of Bunbury for over 100 years.
The move away from the historic Bunbury Water Board and the evolution of Aqwest occurred as part of the restructuring process in 1996/97.
Despite the updated image and streamlined structure, the tradition of delivering quality water at reasonable cost to the people of Bunbury continues with Aqwest.
Aqwest uses the latest technology and engineering know-how to produce and deliver high quality water for the expanding Bunbury community.
Aqwest has an Enterprise Agreement in place. Special conditions include:
- Flexible work arrangements to assist employees to balance work and personal life - allows employees to alter start and finish times and have time off for other commitments. Limited banking of hours which allows employees to work extra hours and take additional time off
- Two additional holidays per year. One at Easter and one at New Year.
- Long service leave - employees receive 13 weeks of leave for 7 years of continuous service. An additional 13 weeks is available after each subsequent period of seven years of continuous service
- Additional 1% superannuation paid above the Super Guarantee
- No expiration of personal leave entitlements at the end of a year
Aqwest provides and funds a number of programs, on top of the conditions in its Enterprise Agreement, that provide additional benefits to employees. These include:
- Free annual flu vaccination for all employees
- Free physiotherapy sessions
- Free professional skin cancer screening provided annually to employees
- Employee assistance program - fully funded service provided for employees and members of their immediate family to access counselling services. Any employee can access the service. Sessions are limited to six per family unit
- Shower facilities and change rooms for employees at the workplace
- Secure bike racks are available for employees’ use
- Kitchen with full cooking facilities and communal lunch room for employees