Aqwest supplies water to the water meter however, property owners are responsible for the cost of any water registered on the water meter and for maintaining the internal water service in good condition.
If you have had a leak at the property, this will affect the amount of water you have used. If the leak has been repaired by a licenced plumber, then you may be eligible for an allowance to offset a portion of the water used.
- Repairs must be completed by a licensed plumber who has completed an Aqwest Leak Allowance claim form.
- The leak allowance application form must be provided to Aqwest within one (1) month of the date of repair.
- The leak must be repaired within 1 month from the identification of the leak.
- A leak allowance will only be assessed on values greater than $250.00 per claim. Claims of a lesser value will not be considered.
- A leak allowance will only be granted to a property owner once every 5 years.
- The irrigation system must (as a minimum) have a WaterMark certified manual isolation valve, a backflow prevention valve complying with AS/NZS 35, and master control solenoid installed to meet irrigation industry standards. If there is no manual isolation valve and master solenoid installed, an allowance will be assessed upon re-application, only after the irrigation system is upgraded to the required plumbing standard and regulations and is certified as such by a licensed plumbing contractor.
As a leak allowance grant can only be allocated to a property owner once every five years, it is important that customer’s understand their responsibility to maintain their internal water service
Customers should also frequently read their meter and record usage to help identify leaks early. More information on how to read your meter is available at www.aqwest.com.au.
The amount of the allowance which may be granted shall be determined by reference to:
- The increase in consumption compared to the previous consumption for the same period based on three years or less. Consumption is based on the kiloliters used.
- Where the leak has occurred over more than one-meter reading period the calculated allowance shall be completed on the most current read that includes the repair.
If water loss is caused by a fault with Aqwest infrastructure an allowance may be available. Please contact Aqwest to further discuss your specific case.