Set up direct debit payments online
Automate payment of your water bill from your cheque or savings accounts only.
Authority to deduct payment*:
Continuity of agreement*:
Direct Debit Service Agreement
1. By submitting this application, you authorise us to arrange for funds to be debited from your account in accordance with the Agreement.
2. For all matters relating to the Direct Debit Request, including cancellation, alteration or suspension of drawing arrangements, ceasing or deferring a payment, or to investigate or dispute a previous payment, you should contact us in writing, allowing;
i. 10 business days for amendments to take effect
ii. 5 business days for us to respond to a dispute
3. Direct Debit is through the Bulk Electronic Clearing System (BECS) is not available on all bank accounts. Before applying, please check with your financial institution that your account can de direct debited.
4. Please check your name and number details against a recent statement, or with your financial institution prior to completing the Direct Debit Request Form.
5. You are responsible for making sure there are sufficient funds available on date payments are to be deducted.
6. If the due date for payment falls on a day other than a Banking Business Day, the payment will be processed on the next Banking Business Day. If you are uncertain when the payment will be debited from your Account, please check with your financial institution.
7. Please contact us – not your bank – with any enquiries about your arrangement (e.g. disputes, change of details, cancellation requests).
8. We may change these processes, or the terms and conditions of this service agreement, at any time. If this happens, we will advise you at least ten business days before the changes come into effect.
9. We may cancel a direct debit arrangement at any time. If this happens, we will advise you.
10. For returned unpaid transactions, the following will apply:
i. We treat the payment as if it was never made
ii. Services may be suspended until the outstanding charges are paid, and/or
iii. A fee may be applied for drawings that are returned unpaid. We reserve the right to cancel the Direct Debit Request at any time if drawings are returned unpaid by your financial institution.
11. All customer records and account details will be kept private and confidential to be disclosed only at your request or the request of the financial institution in connection with a claim made to correct/investigate an alleged incorrect or wrongful debit or otherwise as required by law.